Epiphanies FTW

Six months or so ago, an idea came to me. It was so cool. It was so different. It was so... me. I loved it from the get-go and everything filled my head so easily (I love when that happens), that I couldn't help but start working on it.

But, PIAO was getting ready to be released and, reluctantly, I set it aside. I've been aching to get back to it again, but plan on releasing IF I SPEAK TRUE this summer so I'm working on revising *that* first, now.

The point of this post? Two days ago, it hit me. I know people don't want Jonas & Hattie's story to end. (I don't want it to end, either.) I've been asked if their story is going to continue but there were so many other things I had to tackle first, I hadn't even entertained the idea. And now, I know. That idea, the one I've been so excited to work on? It's the companion novel to Pity Isn't An Option. It has to be. How can it NOT be?

I'm amazed and so excited about how everything is falling into place. I feel so blessed--He always lays everything out perfectly, puts the stories in my head; then shows me exactly where they go.  I can't wait to get IF I SPEAK TRUE's revisions done so I can work on it next!!!! :D YAY! So, it's official... the companion novel to Pity Isn't An Option is... COZENAGE.  Coming out sometime next year. *throws coffee beans*

3 comments:

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Yay! Is that the name of a town? And what is IF I SPEAK TRUE about? Very exciting to have purpose and direction in your writing.

You've inspired me. I plan to write more thematically in the future and let myself wax poetic every once in a while. I really enjoyed that in PIAO.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

No, COZENAGE the theme of the book, basically. :) If I SPEAK TRUE is less uh, poetic I guess (it's urban fantasy), and quicker paced. It's about a girl who learns she has a connection to someone and therefore something that she never could have imagined in her wildest dreams. :)

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Oh, and thank you, too... so glad you liked it and are inspired... that's what I love most about reading other people's words!!!