Waiting on Wednesday -- I'm Glad I Did

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.  
  This week's can't-wait-to-read pre-publication book is I'm Glad I Did
I’m Glad I Did


I'm Glad I Did

by Cynthia Weil
Publication date: January 27, 2015

From Goodreads:

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and songwriting legend Cynthia Weil's extraordinary YA debut opens the secretive doors of the Brill Building-the hit factory that changed history. Part Mad Men, part Grace of my Heart, part murder mystery, I'm Glad I Did is a coming-of-age story at an unforgettable cultural tipping point: the summer of 1963.

JJ Greene, a gifted 16-year-old songwriter, defies her lawyer parents by secretly applying for a job in the famed Brill Building-the epicenter of songwriting for a new genre called rock-n-roll. But their warnings about the evils of the music industry prove far darker than she imagined when she finds herself at the heart of a cover-up that involves hidden identity, theft, and possibly murder.

Story Locale: New York, NY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds pretty interesting. I think it would be exciting to see how she deals with being thrown into the worlds of rock-n-roll!

Lisa
www.turningpages94.blogspot.com