Waiting on Wednesday {79}: Scarlett Undercover



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. This week's can't-wait-to-read pre-publication book is: Scarlett Undercover.


Scarlett Undercover



Scarlett Undercover

by Jennifer Latham


Publication date: May 19th, 2015



From Goodreads:

A voice-driven mystery perfect for fans of Veronica Mars.
Meet Scarlett, a smart, sarcastic, kick-butt, Muslim American heroine, ready to take on crime in her hometown of Las Almas. When a new case finds the private eye caught up in a centuries-old battle of evil genies and ancient curses, Scarlett discovers that her own family secrets may have more to do with the situation than she thinks -- and that cracking the case could lead to solving her father's murder.

Jennifer Latham delivers a compelling story and a character to remember in this one-of-a-kind debut novel.

3 comments:

michellesminions said...

I've had my eye on this one. I've seen it's been compared to Veronica Mars. Great pick!

Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

My WoW

prerna pickett said...

I've been wanting to read this for a while. Sounds great and I love all forms of diversity!

CraftyOtakuReader said...

I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW!