Finally Friday {9} This Raging Light


Finally Friday is a meme started by me (Jessica, aka @coffeelvnmom) and J from @life_love_fandomsThis week's I-finally-read-this-waiting-on-Wednesday-book is: THIS RAGING LIGHT.
This Raging Light
4.5 stars

This Raging Light is a beautiful, heart-wrenching debut by Estelle Laure. I loved her voice and fell for both main characters, Lucille, and her little sister, Wren, hook, line, and sinker. Talk about good kids put in a horrible situation! Their dad goes crazy, their mom disappears, and Lucille is left to keep them both in school, stop everyone from finding out they're home alone, and find a way to support them.

The blurb really is the best summary without giving too much away, but I'd like to add that along with keeping "readers hooked and hoping until the very last page", Ms. Laure also gives you an intimate glimpse at young love, loss, and learning to deal with where loss leaves you. She shows how you never quite know who's going to step up to the plate and help out just when it's needed most, and that, sometimes, though the choices we're given in life aren't always ones we want to deal with, they are the choices that make us who we are.

I loved loved loved This Raging Light, and highly recommend it! Use that Christmas money and BUY it (came out three days ago)... I promise you will thank me!

No comments: